Carrier Rate Procurement
Improving the Procurement Process – Step by Step
Securing the best contract rates from carriers is critical but can be a time consuming process for companies. MercuryBid improves your procurement activities by giving you tools to make better and faster decisions.
These are the common steps in the procurement process
- Initial Activities
- Define lanes in the scope of the bid
- Select participating carriers
- Create bid documentation
- Main Activities (Response Management)
- Execute bid requests – Track responses – Respond to questions
- Analyze responses
- Select carrier rates by lane
- Notify participating companies of results
- Create contracts and load TMS for execution
MercuryBid Simplifies Procurement
The main MercuryBid bid screen puts all the necessary information to get started at your fingertips - organized into these five sections;
- General details
- Lane selection
- Carrier information
Following the initial activities, MercuryBid executes the bid request and tracks responses. Simplified portals can be used to solicit bids from carriers. The list screen portal shows all current bids. The detail portal shows all bid information, document upload & download, and discussion threads.
As responses come in, you can perform detailed analysis and select the best responses by lane. In addition to the MercuryBid analysis interface shown below, you can drag and drop fields into pivot table report rows or columns and extract to Microsoft Excel.
When the analysis is complete, MercuryBid assists in notifying the contract winners and losers. At the same time, it’s easy to load the winning bid details to the TMS as contracts become available for executing shipments.
- Customizable reports, documents and templates
- A desktop application that shares data with the TMS
- Updated automatically via connection to the TMS
- Data is saved to your local hard drive
- Spreadsheets are used for rating
- Included with the MercuryGate TMS